Sunday, June 13, 2010

Garter toss traditon

So whats with the garter toss and why should i even have a garter.

Well the garter toss has been traditionally to symbolise the giving away fo the new brides 'single status'. The new husband normally takes off the garter with his teeth as this adds a bit of fun to the evening. I have been to some weddings though who have had the best man or groomsmen removing the garter for the bridal toss. I dont understand this is certainly wouldnt want anyone else other than my new husband with his mouth near my thigh!

Any way, theres the tradtion, it has developed and grown. Wondering if you even want to have the bridal toss? Why not, its another activity you can add to your wedding and its free! well other than buying a wedding garter for the garter toss, which isnt so boring anymore. With more and more new wedding designs for garters to options are endless. The old frilly lacey boring garters that look like something your grandma has to cover her toilet roll are a thing of the past. With all that white on a wedding day why not have a fun unique and colourful garter for your garter toss? Check out my garters at http://www.nataliebriggs.etsy.com/ where you'll find exciting garters without the huge price tag as in the shops and yet better made! because i handmake all of my garters myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment